Train Simulator 2022 Smokebox Union Pacific Big Boy & FEF-3 Excursion Package V1.0d
This is the Train Simulator 2022 Smokebox Union Pacific Big Boy & FEF-3 Excursion Package V1.0d
This pack is meant to make compatible a host of different assets for use as part of your very own virtual Union Pacific Heritage Steam Program.
The following is a list of dependencies you will need to have installed prior to installing this pack:
1. Smokebox Big Boy, steam item: https://store.steampowered.com/app/15...
Smokebox FEF-3 & SD70ACe companion diesel, steam item: https://store.steampowered.com/app/27...
DSDDGR UP Auxiliary Water Tenders, freeware: https://www.dsgddr.com.br/
G-TraX lightweight cars, freeware: http://railworksamerica.com/index.php...
UP Flag Car reskin, freeware: http://railworksamerica.com/index.php...
UP Experience Car reskin, freeware: http://railworksamerica.com/index.php...
In order to install this pack, simply drop all folders within the package file into the following directory, and overwrite if prompted: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RailWorks\Assets" Make sure your asset folder's "read only" box within the file properties is unchecked, otherwise it will not overwrite.
1. Added additional main tender water capacities to Big Boy & FEF-3 to simulate the use of the Auxiliary Water Cars. You can choose these tenders in both the quick drive consist editor or the scenario editor; they are clearly marked 1 Aux or 2 Aux depending on how many water cars you are using.
2. Restricted water tender .dcsv file to only select 809 or 814, which are the two tenders with the special decals.
3. Adjusted weights and braking code for the water cars and passenger cars so that they are 100% compatible with the advanced braking script used in the Smokebox locomotives.
4. Reworked diesel physics for traction characteristic accuracy; prime mover behavior mode is selectable and elaborated on below.
5. Provides additional alternate whistles for the Challenger and FEF locomotives.
6. Adds 8-ET independent brake air sounds to all three locomotives.
7. Adjusts injector capacities for all three locomotives as follows (capacities match real life figures):
- Big Boy:
- Live: 12,500 gal/hr
- Exhaust: 14,076 gal/hr
- Live: 12,000 gal/hr
- Exhaust: 12,360 gal/hr
- Live: 9,000 gal/hr
- Exhaust: 12,000 gal/hr
Version 1.0d corrects the injector proportions that were altered by the core game code update.
User manual for diesel locomotive:
Upon installation, the diesel operating mode is idle. Therefore, without user intervention within the file structure, adding the diesel into the consist will increase train weight by 200 tons without adding any tractive assistance from said diesel. Diesel operating modes are listed below:
Idle - tractive curve is zero, prime mover remains in idle regardless of throttle position. Ideal for use on flat terrain where diesel assist is not necessary.
CTE derate, MU control box - TE curve limited to notch 6, RPM controlled through MU box. Ideal for use on 844 with the MU box on slight to moderate grades with light trains.
CTE derate, regulator % control - TE curve limited to notch 6, RPM corresponds with F5 HUD regulator %. Ideal for use on 4014 travelling up slight to moderate grades with light trains.
Normal (Full), MU control box - Full notch 8 TE curve attainable, RPM controlled through MU box. Ideal for use on 844 with the MU box on steep grades with heavy trains.
Normal (Full), regulator % control - Full notch 8 TE curve attainable, RPM corresponds with F5 HUD regulator %. Ideal for use on 4014 travelling up steep grades with heavy trains.
In order to swap between modes, manipulation of two folder locations are necessary:
"Assets\Smokebox\UP FEF-3 Northern\RailVehicles\Diesel\SD70ACE\Default\Simulation" - For locomotive physics
"Assets\Smokebox\UP FEF-3 Northern\Audio\RailVehicles\Diesel\SD70ACe" - For prime mover behavior
Within folder 1, you will see the traction files, and also folders labeled "Idle", "CTE Derate", and "Normal". Pick your operating mode, and copy the files from within the selected folder out into the simulation folder and overwrite.
Within folder 2, you will see the sound control files, and also folders labeled "UP 4000 Class" and "UP FEF-3 Class (MU Box)". Follow the same principle as above to switch between the two control architectures. The default is the MU control box, as that is needed to keep the prime mover in idle when the operating mode is idle.
If there are any questions, y'all know how to reach me. As always, thanks for downloading and enjoy =)